- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 1 oz parmesan freshly grated, optional
- 2 tbsp pesto
- Chop the woody ends off of the asparagus. You can also bend the stalk and it will naturally break at the right point.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil, then place it on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400˚F for 10-15 minutes. Time will depend on thickness of the stalks. You will want the color to be bright green and the asparagus to be tender and just slightly firm.
- Remove from oven and top with one of the topping options if desired. Enjoy!
- Gluten free, low carb and dairy free