- 12 extra large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups ham cooked and cubed
- 15 oz hash brown potatoes frozen (about half a bag)
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and ham. Then fold in the cream cheese to distribute it through the mixture. Transfer the hash brown mixture to a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together. Then pour the mixture over the hash browns in the casserole dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is just set and springs back when touched.
- This casserole can be made ahead and cooked the following day. To do that prepare the recipe up to step 3 then refrigerate. Continue at step 4 when ready to bake. The baking time will increase by approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the:
- Refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Freezer for up to a month