- 5 cups yellow squash sliced (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup butter melted, divided in half
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup caesar croutons crushed
- Sauté Squash, peppers, and onion with 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a bowl and mix with eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper, pecans, and cheese. Spread in a casserole dish.
- Crush the croutons into rough crumbs and then mix them with remaining 2 tbsp of melted butter and mix to combine. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top of the casserole evenly.
- Bake at 350˚F for 35-40 minutes or until the casserole is cooked and the crumbs are golden brown.