- 2 lb chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 1/2 cup jasmine rice uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup pesto prepared
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- Fresh basil chopped
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Combine the cream cheese, pesto and chicken broth in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Stir in the rice and then pour the entire mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Trim the chicken, then cut it into roughly even pieces around 2 inches each. Place the chicken pieces evenly over the top of the rice mixture and gently push down until just covered in the liquid. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, and the rice is tender and has soaked up all of the liquid. Enjoy!
- You can substitute 2 cups quick cooking rice for the jasmine rice.
- Other cuts of chicken such as chicken thighs can be used as long as they are boneless, skinless.
- Leftovers can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.