- 12 extra large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, heavy cream, 1/2 cup cheddar, salt and pepper together. Then pour the mixture in a greased 9x13" casserole dish.
- Drop the cubes of cream cheese evenly throughout the egg mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese and bacon over the top of the casserole and then return to finish baking 10-20 minutes or until the center is just set and springs back when touched.
- This casserole can be made ahead and cooked the following day. To do that prepare the recipe up to step 3 then refrigerate. Continue at step 4 when ready to bake. The baking time will increase by approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the:
- Refrigerator for 3-4 days
- Freezer for up to a month