- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 sweet yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 lime juiced
- Cut the steak into 1/2-1 inch strips. Toss with the fajita seasoning and 1 tbsp of the oil, and place in a zip top bag or container to marinate while finishing prep.
- Cut the peppers and onions into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil over high heat in a large skillet. Once hot, carefully place the peppers and onions in the skillet, cooking for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the peppers and set aside.
- Then place the steak in a single layer in the hot skillet. Let cook (without stirring) for 2-3 minutes. Then flip the meat to the other side and cook for 1 minute.Stir the butter, garlic, and lime juice in and cook for 1 additional minute. Then remove from heat and stir in the onions and peppers.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!