- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F. Rub the inside of a 12" cast iron skillet with the vegetable oil and place in the oven while it heats.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter, sugar, and eggs. Then add the buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just moistened.
- Place the batter in the hot cast iron skillet and return to the oven to bake for 18-28 minutes, or until just set in the center.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm with your choice of butter and honey. Enjoy!