- 16 oz rotini pasta (1 box)
- 4 oz cheddar cheese cubed
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese cubed
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 8 oz pepperoni slices quartered
- 1 cup Italian dressing (see note)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Cook the pasta per package directions. Drain pasta and run under cold water, then place pasta in a large bowl.
- While the pasta is cooking prep the remaining ingredients. When it is done, mix in the cheese, peppers, tomatoes, onion, pepperoni, and basil.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately or chill, then toss before serving. Enjoy!
- I prefer this homemade creamy Italian dressing for this salad. It has a TON of flavor and is really easy to make. If you are short on time, you can use your favorite bottled Italian dressing. Make sure to get a good quality dressing as the flavor of the dressing will greatly impact the flavor of your salad.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To prep ahead, cook pasta and store in the fridge in cold water. Prep all ingredients and store separately. When ready to serve, drain the pasta and then mix with remaining ingredients.