- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1/2 cup lime juice fresh
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- To make marinade, whisk together the lime juice, cilantro, garlic, vegetable oil, honey and salt until combined and all honey is dissolved.
- Lightly score chicken several times 1/4 inch deep against the grain of the chicken. Place the chicken in a dish or zip top bag and pour the marinade over the chicken to cover completely. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium heat and brush with oil to prevent sticking. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 4-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Cook to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Once done, remove chicken from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then serve warm. Enjoy!
- This marinade can be made the night before so that the chicken can marinate overnight. I recommend not leaving the chicken in for more than 24 hours though.
- Leftover chicken can be saved in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.