- 2.5 lbs Russet Potatoes washed, peels left on
- 1 onion about 1/2 lb
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (or half & half)
Topping options (optional)
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 5 green onions chopped
- Chop the potatoes into 2 in chunks and roughly chop the onion.
- Add the potatoes, onion, chicken broth, garlic, salt, and pepper to the electric pressure cooker and set to high pressure for 12 minutes. Natural release for 5 minutes, then quick release any additional pressure.
- Once it is done cooking open the lid and add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cream. Use a potato masher to blend the soup together for a very slightly chunky loaded potato soup, or an immersion blender for a super smooth loaded potato soup.
- Top with your choice of toppings and Enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Half and Half or milk can be substituted to make the soup lighter or less rich.
- Find my Crockpot Loaded Potato Soup version here!
- Substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth.