- 30 oz frozen hash brown potatoes shredded (1 bag)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion finely chopped
- 10.75 oz condensed cream of chicken soup (1 can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups colby cheese shredded
- Combine the the melted butter, salt, pepper, soup, sour cream in a large bowl. Mix in the hashbrowns, onions, and cheese and stir until evenly combined.
- Grease 9x13 or large baking dish, then dollop the mixture in the dish evenly as possible. Do not spread in the dish or use the spoon to even out. You want the rough top so that it will get crispy and browned.
- Bake the hashbrown casserole at 350˚F for 45 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the top is crispy and browned and the edges are bubbling.