- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless, thinly cut
- 2 avocados large
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil diced
- 2 tbsp red onion finely diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt divided in half
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
For the sauce (optional - can use store bought sweet chili sauce)
- 1-2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cilantro chopped
- Lay the chicken breast flat in a large baking dish. Season with half the salt and the pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado, sun dried tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and the remaining salt. Stir, mashing the avocado and mixing everything together, until combined with chunks of avocado remaining.
- Spread the avocado mixture on top of each chicken breast to cover. Top with the shredded cheese. Bake covered with foil at 375˚F for 25-35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Optional: remove the foil for the last 3-5 minutes and set the oven to broil to brown the cheese.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and sun dried tomato if desired. Serve over rice or sautéed spinach and drizzle each chicken breast with sauce. Enjoy!
For the sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Use 1 tbsp of chili sauce for a milder sauce and 2 tbsp for a spicier sauce.
To freeze before cooking:
- Prepare up to step 3, but don't bake.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and foil and freeze.
- When ready to cook, thaw completely. Then bake as directed. It make take an extra few minutes to cook if it is coming straight from the refrigerator.
- Use thin chicken breast cutlets for the best results. You can buy these, or just take regular chicken breast and cut them horizontally so they are half the thickness.
- This recipe can be made with other cuts of boneless, skinless chicken such as chicken thighs, chicken tenderloin, etc. This may change the cooking time.
- Gluten free