- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black eyed peas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernals canned or frozen
- 1/2 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/4 cup diced jarred jalapeños optional
- 3 cloves fresh garlic pressed
- 2 tbsp italian dressing mix divided
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro optional
- Lay the chicken breast flat in a casserole dish, then sprinkle 1 tbsp of the italian dressing seasoning over the top.
- In a bowl, mix the black beans, black eyed peas, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, garlic, oil, lime juice, and the remaining 1 tbsp dressing mix until combined.
- Spread the bean mixture over the seasoned chicken. Bake uncovered on the middle rack at 375˚F for 45-55 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp 165˚F)
- 5 minutes before the baking is finished, remove the dish and cover the top evenly with cheese and return to the oven to cook until done.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice or with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.