- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 cups oatmeal quick cooking
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- In a medium-large pot, combine the butter, sugar, milk, and cocoa powder and cook over medium-high heat stirring regularly until it boils.
- Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil continue to cook for 60-90 seconds (or until the mixture reaches 235-240˚F) while stirring frequently, then remove from heat.
- Immediately add the vanilla and peanut butter and stir until combined. Then fold in the oatmeal until it is evenly distributed.
- Drop spoonfuls onto parchment paper let set for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place for 1 week days, or in the freezer for up to a month.