- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips 10 oz
- Cream the butter and sugars together. Add one egg at a time, mixing in between. Then stir in vanilla to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in thirds mixing between each addition until they are combined. An electric mixer with a paddle attachment makes this easiest!
- Mix the chocolate chips in by hand until they are evenly distributed. Scoop heaping rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, evenly spaced, about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350˚F for 9-11 minutes or until the center of the cookie is just set. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire cooking rack.
- Dough should not be sticky or crumbly.
- If the dough is sticky, add in flour 1 tbsp at a time until it it is not sticky.
- If the dough is crumbly, add in water 1 tsp at a time until it holds together and does not crumble.
- This recipe is calculated for about 1.5-2 tablespoons of dough to make each cookie. You can make 18 extra large cookies by using 1/4 cup measure, or 6 dozen small cookies by using 1 tbsp of dough. Cooking time will vary based on size of cookie.
- After baking, cookies can be stored in an airtight container or frozen