- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 box 6 oz Uncle Ben's Wild Rice (with seasonings)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch for thickening
- Add the chopped onion, carrots, baby bella mushrooms, and melted butter to the Crock Pot. Layer the chicken breasts, chicken broth, rice and seasoning packet from the rice on top and stir well to make sure the liquid and seasonings are distributed through out the slow cooker.
- Set on high for 3 hours, or low for 4 hours
- Remove the chicken carefully (it will be hot) from the soup and chop it into small bites. Stir the chicken back into the soup and then slowly add in the heavy cream while stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 tsp salt, then add up to an additional 1/2 tsp to taste.
- Serve as is, or if you prefer a thicker broth, remove 1 cup of liquid from the soup and slowly mix it into 1 tbsp cornstarch. Once combined, stir the cornstarch mixture back into the soup, mix well, and continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes. Once set, stir well, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot version of this soup can be found here: Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
- You can use other cuts of chicken in this soup such as chicken thighs, or chicken tenderloins, with a good result. Cooking time may vary.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.