- 2.5 lbs small yukon gold potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 oz sharp cheddar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 can 4.5 oz green chiles
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, add the potatoes and garlic cloves, and boil for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender all the way through.
- Drain the potatoes, then add the cream cheese, milk, cheddar, green chiles, salt and pepper to the potatoes and use a masher to mash the potatoes and combine the ingredients while mashing.
- Work only until everything is combined and there are only small chunks of potatoes. If the potatoes are too thick, add additional milk until they are the desired consistency.
- Serve warm and enjoy!