This Chicken Cobb Salad is LOADED with flavors and super EASY to make. I love this salad because of the flavors you get in each and every bite. I love Cobb salads because they are so filling and do no leave you wanting more to eat in the end. I love this salad because you can meal prep for the whole week all in one prep day.
Delicious Chicken Cobb Salad
I love salads but I hate all the prep that goes into making a salad. The BEST thing about this salad is how easy the prep is and how long you can use the ingredients for the salad during the week.
This salad is super simple to make, once all of the chopping is done. You can change this salad up a bit to fit ingredients that you already have on hand.
This salad puts a little twist on the classic Cobb Salad by adding chicken and bacon. I like to make this for my family as a quick and easy weeknight meal. We like to serve this “salad bar” style, that way everyone gets what they like on their salad. You can also throw the ingredients in one big bowl and toss.
Tips for Making Chicken Cobb Salad
This salad has a little bit of prep work involved but once that is done, this meal comes together quick. For the FULL printable recipe card, make sure to hop down to the bottom of this post.
- Combine lettuce in a large bowl and toss to mix.
- Chop you chicken, avocado, tomatoes, eggs, and green onions.
- You can do this by hand fresh, which is my preference, or if you are in a time crunch, you can get most of these ingredients pre-diced at the store.
- If you are not serving the salad immediately wait to cut the avocado until right before serving.
- Next combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- I like to arrange the toppings as you see pictured so that it makes an impressive presentation. Then you can toss everything together before serving.
- If you are serving a crowd you can double or triple the ingredients, and make it traditionally, or keep all of the ingredients separate to serve salad bar style.
- Toss the salad or serve with your favorite dressing.
FAQ’s for Cobb Salad Recipe
Is this salad gluten free?
Yes!!! This salad is gluten free. Please check all of your ingredient labels to ensure your ingredients are free of gluten.
How do I Meal Prep Cobb Salad?
- Prep and cut all ingredients.
- Arrange the lettuce, chicken, bacon, cheese, tomatoes, eggs and onions in an airtight container. Place dressing in a separate air tight container.
- When ready to serve add avocado and toss with dressing.
I place my dressing in small single serving size containers. This makes for easy on the go lunches. You can store this for up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
What are the best greens to use in Cobb salad?
I like to use a mixture of romaine, butter and iceberg. Another favorite mixture of mine is romaine, spring mix and spinach. You can use whatever you have on hand or like.
I really hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house! If your family does not like some of the ingredients in this salad, switch it up with ingredients they do like.
If you do get a chance to try it, I would love it if you let me know! You can leave me a comment below, or if you post a picture on Instagram, make sure to tag me @easyfamilyrecipesso that I can see what you are cooking up! It makes my day to see others enjoying the recipes that I share!
Oh and before you go!…If you need a regular rotation of recipe inspiration like me, make sure to sign up to get our emails! I send out my new favorites, the recipes my family has been devouring, and some of the best tried and true recipes. It is easy and free of course! You can click here to sign up or on the button below.
Other Salad Recipes
Hungry for more family-friendly recipes? Sign up for my free recipe club to get new family-friendly recipes in your inbox each week! Find me sharing daily meal-time inspiration on Pinterest, Instagram, and TikTok.
Chicken Cobb Salad
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups butter lettuce
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chicken cubed
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 boiled eggs chopped
- 3 green onions diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup Ranch or red wine vinaigrette see note
- Combine lettuce in a large bowl and toss to mix. Leave in bowl, or move to platter.
- Arrange each of the ingredients except the dressing in a line down the length of the salad.
- Before serving drizzle the dressing over the top and toss, or toss the salad and serve it on the side for each person to add their own. Enjoy!
- If you prefer creamy dressing use ranch, if you prefer non-creamy use red wine vinaigrette. We use ranch when we make it.
- Gluten free
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)